Monday, February 16, 2009

Healthy Enough Yet?

Honestly, my eating habits are hit or miss right now. I just don't feel like eating much of anything. I'm not nauseated or sick. I've had virtually no morning sickness. Food just doesn't sound good. I'm trying to make good choices though.

Today's lunch was healthy, but not great. I had couscous and lentils and some broccoli. Normally I love the couscous and lentils. Well, actually it's usually rice and lentils. And therein lies the problem. I was out of rice, even though I could swear I bought some last time I went shopping. Anyways, so I used couscous instead. Silly me forget how much faster couscous cooks up than rice. So the lentils were just right, but the couscous was way overdone. It was kind of like eating glue. I put balsamic vinegar in it that has a touch of maple in it. So I had to really pour on the vinegar to make it edible. The kids actually did okay with it, which kind of suprised me! I doubled the recipe too, so I have tons of "gluey" couscous and lentils left over to eat. Oh well - it's such a cheap meal and we're broke right now. So that works!

No comments: