Monday, February 9, 2009

My Fruit/Nut Bowl

I went grocery shopping yesterday...woo hoo! I bought a ton of dried fruit, the good kind - not that sugar coated crap, and I bought almonds and pecans, plain and unsalted. I threw it all in a tupperware container, tossed it around, and voila - TRAIL MIX! I hate actually buying already mixed stuff because no matter what I get it seems like it's 80% reasons. Now, I'll eat a raisin now and then, but honestly I'm not a big fan. I bought papayas, pineapples, apples, and mango for my fruits. YUMMO!

So I just set it out on my counter so that it's quick and easy to grab when I have an urge to munch - which is happening A LOT now! I feel like I've done nothing but graze all day long today. I've done pretty okay. The only thing I could've done without today was a piece of leftover frozen pizza. That really wasn't ideal. But hopefully I'll eat healthy for dinner tonight. Hmmm...not sure what's on the menu. Guess I should figure that out!

2 comments:

Alexa Jadyn said...

Great idea! Just threw together some trail mix for work yesterday. Cashews, almonds, dried cherries & multgrain cheerios. It was so good! The mango sounds yummy, I'll have to try that.

Swimming-duck said...

Ooh..dried cherries. That sounds good!