Saturday, February 7, 2009

Healthy Pregnancy

Well, I'm trying to be healthy this pregnancy. Even if I can't be sexy in the traditional sense I can still do what's right for my body and for Elfie's body (that's what we're calling our little bean for now). Anyways, I admit that I spent a few weeks giving into cravings left and right. Namely chicken wings. Mmmmmm...I was really enjoying those. But now it's time to move on and be much healthier.

Basically I'm trying to get back to the level of fruit & veggie intake that I was previously doing on weight watchers. The only obstacle we've had lately is money. I've been scrounging through the stuff in the fridge/freezer/pantry that's at the back - you know, the stuff you eat when you run out of food. So it's not been nearly as healthy and my fruit & veggie intake has suffered. So, hopefully we can rectify this situation soon as I'm really missing all of those fruits & veggies.

Other than that I'm trying to maintain an appropriate water intake. I tend to get so busy that I forget to drink water somedays. For me it's not a matter of cutting out other beverages because water is pretty much all I drink, except for my morning coffee. I am cutting the coffee back. I don't drink huge amounts of it anyways - I'm not one of those people that can drink a pot of coffee. If I do I'm so freaking jittery that I can't function. So I avoid overcaffeinating myself. It's not pretty!

I am planning on cutting back on coffee a bit. I think I drink about 3 cups a day. I'm not completely sure as I really just use one big mug that's a french press, but it's probably equivalent to 2-3 cups. I was going to add decaf to it so that I could have as much. But I'm not sure about the decaf that I bought, meaning by which process it became decaf. Soooo...in the interest of keeping as many toxins as possible out of my body I think I'm just going to drink less of the real deal. I think I'm just going to start making 1/2 a mug of my coffee every morning and see how that goes.

I actually haven't really gained any weight yet this pregnancy. I did temporarily and then lost it. I've gone up and down over two pounds a couple of times. I'm not worried about this though. During my first trimester with my first pregnancy I lost 15 lbs. My body definitely made up for it in trimester 2 and 3. I was fortunate though in that my body did not hold onto the pregnancy weight after the baby was born. Yay! I'm hoping it will be the same this time, but we'll see!

1 comment:

On a fools hope said...

We went decaf this past week, this morning I think I am out and when I go buy more I may have to bring it up to half caff, I need something....