Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Antsy for the Weigh-In

Well my second weigh in is this coming Saturday and I'm already getting antsy. I don't want to weigh myself prematurely as I have a tendency to get obsessed with numbers and I'll be really pissed if the scale hasn't moved yet. I guess I just want some sort of confirmation that I'm moving in the right direction.

I feel like I have a gazillion points to use each day because I'm a nursing mom. I get 10 extra points every day just because I'm nursing! Add this to the 35 weekly points in addition to the daily points and it's huge potential for splurging on stuff I don't need. I find that at the end of the day I often have a few points leftover. Rather than be satisfied I feel the need to stuff anything in my mouth so that I use up all my points. Why do I do that? So I'm curious if I'm going to make progress at this point level or if I'm going to have to take away some of those nursing points. The weight watchers consultant that I talked to at the meeting last week feels like I need those extra points. BAH!

I have started to eat a lot more vegetables as most of them are 0 or 1 point. It's really nice to have that to help fill me up when I only get to eat 1/2 cup or 1 cup of the entree or whatever. My measuring cups have gotten a ton of use this week. Last week we had ice cream in the house, so I would usually help myself to a serving of ice cream most days (within my points). Have you ever measured out a serving of ice cream??? It's 1/4 cup. Measure it out next time you eat ice cream. Word of advice - put it in a very small dish/cup/etc...Otherwise, it looks just sad. But, I have found that it's possible to be satisfied with just the 1/4 cup. I'm just not used to it.

Overall I'd say I'm making some good changes. I'm trying to pace myself in making changes. I know that i have a tendency to be "all or nothing" and I flop when I'm not in "all" mode. So I'm trying to do this slowly, which will inevitably slow my progress. BUT, I want it to LAST this time around.

Well, I guess that's all for now.

1 comment:

On a fools hope said...

bravo on your weight loss first off-thats great! I LOVE baby carrots for my snack-it's either that or head straight for the chocolate so i try to keep baby carrots on loads of coffee on standby. Coffee however lacks nutrition and i am sure has points.