Friday, December 12, 2008

At the Hop

So, foodwise I'm still staying within my points. I will say that I'm definitely plowing through my extra weekly points. I know sometimes weight watchers participants decide not to use them in order to lose more. I'm sure that works for those people, however, it won't work for me. Why is that? Because if I feel deprived and unable to have even the teensiest of splurges I'll go off the deep end and have a binge fest. So I am staying within the program, but having my little splurges here and there. I'll probably lose weight a little bit more slowly as a result, but I really want this change to last.

Today's workout was to an oldies CD. I popped it in while the kiddos were up and encouraged them to dance. I tried to do a new movement with arms and legs every song and maintain it throughout the song. During one of the songs two of the kiddos wanted to be held. So I had one on each hip and I was moving around to the music. I even threw in some plie`s. What a butt burner that was! But once again the workout was fun. The kiddos were laughing and one can't help but to feel happy when toddlers are laughing. It's pretty infectious.

Needless to say I think I've hit on a discovery. I much prefer free movement and fun to "exercise." Workout tapes make me want to vomit. I've used them successfully in the past, but I always dread putting them in the DVD player. Dancing I don't dread. Of course I'm not really all that sore yet, so we'll see how I feel in another couple weeks of this. But I'm trying to stick to keeping my intensity really high (think pretty close to panting) during the workouts. Since I don't have tons of time I'm better off doing shorter, higher intensity workouts instead of longer, moderate workouts. Granted, I'd love to squeeze in some longer ones as they're great for building endurance. But for now I'm happy with my progress and will work on being consistent with what I'm doing.

After my workout I attempted to stretch. Bad idea with three toddlers running around. It's hard to stretch with children trying to jump on your back, sit on your head, and find any other way to be on your body!

No comments: