Sunday, December 7, 2008

Welcome To My Journey

Welcome. This is a new blog for me. The title, Sexy By Thirty, reflects one of my goals. Weight loss and a healthier life is what I'm after.

I've struggled with weight as far back as I can remember. I even remember being a young child and having to shop in the "Pretty Plus" section. How incredibly mortifying. I've grown up with a constant awareness of feeling frumpy. I've lost weight on several occasions. The smallest I got was before my wedding. I was down to a size 6, yes me, the girl who felt thin if I could maintain a 12 for awhile. I felt wonderful. I bought cute clothes and they actually fit. Then I got married...several years and lots of stress later I'm worse than I've ever been.

I'm going to be 30 next year. I'll be entering a new stage of my life. I'm really nervous about leaving my 20s behind. I've decided that I don't want to take all of this extra weight into my 30s. I have a lot of reasons to get this weight off. Here's some of them:

I want to be able to keep up with my child (or children as could be the case in the future)

I want to have another child, but would like to start out at a smaller size prior to getting pregnant. I think this would decrease the amount of strain that the pregnancy weight puts on my body if I could start out at a healthy size. Also, I'd like to be able to find maternity clothes in my size that are cute and fun and affordable. This is extremely difficult when one is larger.

I want to show my child (children) how to live a healthy lifestyle so that they're not trying diet after diet when they're older and not having to shop the "pretty plus" section.

I want to fit into cute clothing and feel attractive.

I want a better sex life. Sorry if that's TMI, but it's hard to be sexy when one feels anything but.

I want more energy. I know that eating appropriate foods and engaging in more physical activity will help me to fight off the fatigue that so often plagues me.

So anyways, I know that I'm not the only one in this boat. I want to be as honest as I can, sharing both the ups and downs of this journey. The good days, the bad days, and the very ugly "fell off the bandwagon" days. I'm hoping that this blog can provide support and inspiration to those that can identify with wanting to lose weight and be healthier. I'm hoping that it can serve as some sort of accountability as I really wouldn't want to have to blog about "falling off the bandwagon" every other day.

I'm NOT going to be posting my weight. Sorry...that's just not my cup of tea. I will try to find a weight loss ticker so that the pounds lost can be posted. But I'm not posting actual numbers. I'm just too nauseated by the numbers to post them for all to see.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

GL hun! You can do it!!!

On a fools hope said...

Ra ra shish goom ba! Or something like that. This is a great idea. You are going to do awesome, not that I need to tell you that. You are a very determined person once you set your mind to something, I have no doubt you'll suceed.